Hi everybody! I’ve been away for a while with an appalling illness that made life pretty miserable. I have now returned to full health and have finally started my first job.
I’m now working at The Manufacturer Magazine, writing about Britain’s manufacturing industry. It’s the most prominent trade magazine covering the manufacturing sector, so if you work in, or are intending to pursue a career in manufacturing, The Manufacturer is a good source of news and I am really enjoying working there.
Here are the articles I wrote for the magazine that were published this week. I hope you enjoy reading them:
- Don’t raise wine duty, trade association tells Chancellor. https://www.themanufacturer.com/articles/dont-raise-wine-duty-trade-association-tells-chancellor/
- Foreign-owned manufacturers are twice as productive as British-owned. https://www.themanufacturer.com/articles/foreign-owned-manufacturers-twice-productive-british-owned/#.W9Cihz7hGFs.twitter
- Despite Brexit anxieties, James Briggs will survive for the long term, says new CEO. https://www.themanufacturer.com/articles/despite-brexit-anxieties-james-briggs-will-survive-for-the-long-term-says-new-ceo/#.W9L3LKnuL7s.twitter
- At Frank Dudley, growth has meant a bigger 70th birthday cake. https://www.themanufacturer.com/articles/frank-dudley-growth-meant-bigger-70th-birthday-cake/#.W89K8B26ipM.twitter
- Inaugural Bradford Manufacturing Week a “major success.” https://www.themanufacturer.com/articles/inaugural-bradford-manufacturing-week-major-success/#.W82Yqb9PtHc.twitter